Surrogacy for research project

VelmaGriffin

Surrogacy for research project

Post by VelmaGriffin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi there! I have just registered on this forum. And I’m writing on such a forum for the first time. To say the truth,
I haven’t been diagnosed with infertilely yet. In particular, now I’m in the process – I have been going through various examinations and tests. Of course, I hope so much everything to be ok with my fertility health. But it’s interesting for me to get to know more about my condition.
In addition, I have a reach on infertility and surrogacy topic. Surrogacy is a popular option for infertile people and I’d like to research just this theme. Please, share your stories if you can and it will be useful for forum members and for me as well. Thanks in advance!
Studying this topic I have seen that on the first face surrogacy is a great option as well it can seem to be not so good.
I mean, of course, there are both pros and cons as it is in any situation. It’s interesting what advantages and disadvantages have you seen or understood during your own surrogacy journey. Or maybe you don’t want to use surrogacy just having seen certain black sides. Please, write your thoughts towards this theme in replies.
And I wish you the best results of the option you have chosen! No matter what it is you deserve a successful result!

DelphiaRichardson

Re: Surrogacy for research project

Post by DelphiaRichardson » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Hey Velma, Surrogacy proved a God gift for those who can't able to have their own genetic child. I very much appreciated that you choose surrogacy. In the present scenario, Mostly people avoid the option of adoption. Because adoption creates some family problems later.
Surrogacy is the last but not the least option for anyone. As it is a blessing for infertile couples. According to my point of view, it doesn't have anything wrong to adopt surrogacy if your husband has some health issues to give you a baby.

Wilmox

Post by Wilmox » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi. Let me explain, please. Surrogacy by no means makes you fertile. Neither does it allow you to conceive. However, you have a baby. The only difference is that you won't be carrying the child you are biologically related to.

LadyBoss

Post by LadyBoss » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm

I would like to add that there are a lot of reasons to use a surrogate. For example, the absence of womb, disability of carrying a baby to the term, risk of postpartum depression, legitimate fear of childbirth, trauma because of the previous pregnancies, having previous miscarriages, the possibility of transmitting genetic diseases, psychological issues, etc. I haven't been through surrogacy, it will be our last option if the IVF and egg donation doesn't work out. It is not that difficult to switch to surrogacy in our clinic and I like this option very much.

LadyBoss

Post by LadyBoss » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 am

LadyBoss wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm
I would like to add that there are a lot of reasons to use a surrogate. For example, the absence of womb, disability of carrying a baby to the term, risk of postpartum depression, legitimate fear of childbirth, trauma because of the previous pregnancies, having previous miscarriages, the possibility of transmitting genetic diseases, psychological issues, etc. I haven't been through surrogacy, it will be our last option if the IVF and egg donation doesn't work out. It is not that difficult to switch to surrogacy in our clinic and I like this option very much.
But yes, I would never want to be a surrogate mother. Even being healthy, physically, and emotionally perfect, financially stable, and so on - no. It couldn't be my choice ever. Even if I understand that the baby doesn't have my DNA, I couldn't hand it to somebody else. Maybe that sounds strange because there are a lot of women wanting to help others by surrogacy means. I suppose the best variant for surros is a clinic. People treat them well there and help during the surrogacy route. Surrogates are taken care of. They receive awards for their work. Plus they can come back for the second and the third time if they want. And some women really do so! Well, it is really interesting to discuss this topic. Hope you all who have read it had\will have a good day. Wishing you all the best xx