Surrogacy in abroad?

IGeorgaI

Surrogacy in abroad?

Post by IGeorgaI » Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 am

We've been TTC almost 7 years so far we didn't succeed at all. It's been a few months and many trips to our family doctor.
Nobody could explain why I can't conceive. I had 3 surgeries but none of them helped to find a reason for my infertility.
Those surgeries cause damage and one of the fallopian tubes was removed. We reached several US fertility clinics but prices were to steep for us.
But we're lucky to find a few affordable clinics. We tried several IUI and went through 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles.
After 5 years of trying, eventually, I got diagnosed with unexplained infertility, how about that? We started thinking about adoption, but my husband was arguing with me cause he doesn't like this idea. My friends including my doctor have suggested trying out surrogacy. A few days back I met a couple, who got their first child with surrogacy. They live here in the US.
They went to Europe for surrogacy because of the prices. In the US and Canada, surrogacy is pretty expensive.
Is it a great idea to go for surrogacy abroad? Is it safe?

nat9roscoe

Re: Surrogacy in abroad?

Post by nat9roscoe » Wed May 20, 2020 11:53 am

Yes, today many couples go abroad in order to have surrogacy or egg donation options. It is because as you know not all countries allow surrogacy. In fact, it is banned in most European countries and American states. Therefore, of course, people who need surrogacy look for and go to the countries where it can be done legally. You know, medical tourism is extremely developed! Especially it concerns reproductive medicine. With the race of time, ART has been developed rapidly, and thus countries that allow it to receive a great number of patients.
I had such experience of going abroad for surrogacy and that’s why I can give some little notes. I hope they will be useful for those women who are going to start such a program.
Firstly, examine the legal side of the surrogacy issue in the country which you are going to visit. It’s very important as in different countries where surrogacy is legal laws and norms can differ. It’s a must to read all the regulations in order to avoid negative situations and troubles during the program.
Medical packages offered by the medical center are another one important side of the surrogacy procedure. I’ll explain what I need and you will understand why it’s important to note. You must know how many attempts for example chosen package contains. You will feel more comfortable knowing how many attempts you have and how much they cost. Examining all the proposed packages, you will be able to choose the best one just for you and your pocket.
And one more useful note is the contact. The clinic, IP and surrogate mother must sign the common contract.
And all sides must know all the duties and obligations. It will be useful for you to know who answers for the surrogate mother’s violations for example. Of course, it’s great if the clinic takes responsibly for all these issues.
I wish you all good luck! And I hope that each of you will find your clinic and the good surrogate mother who will help you to become a parent and have a long-awaited baby!

AyEnDee

Post by AyEnDee » Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi!
My husband and I are looking for a surrogacy clinic as well. We wanted to start somewhere in Eastern Europe. But it happened that we had urgent business so we delayed the whole procedure. Honestly, we really regret it. So, we are deciding on where to go.
Honestly, I don’t know what is the best option.
If you manage to get over surrogacy, please, could you let me know? Currently, we consider these directions: Georgia, Russia, Greece, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.
Thanks a lot :)

7SigrunHerbert7

Post by 7SigrunHerbert7 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi, I'm sorry that you are going through such a painful journey. You faced a lot. I think you should go for that treatment.
IVF and IUI are expensive in many clinics. Each clinic has a different success rate of IVF. I hope that you'll find the best clinic to build a family.

dennisthevenice

Post by dennisthevenice » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 pm

Hey, I understand that you are in such pain, Im sorry for you. I suggest you go for surrogacy, I think it's gonna be best solution for you. Infertility is a burden that is hard to bear. It's never but the only way is to stay optimistic. I've been in such a situation and surrogacy gave my beloved child. I recommend staying away from clinics that don't specialize in surrogacy.
and research as much as you can before starting the process. I hope you'll become a mother soon.
Best wishes!

oceanazure

Post by oceanazure » Wed May 20, 2020 12:15 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. I know you are hurt. Well, if you are comfortable so you can go for it. Well If you are comfortable with it so you can choose it. People are choosing it because it is safe. I hope you will be a mother soon. My best wishes are with you. Choose the best clinic for this process.