Planning a baby, but worried about inherited deseases

This is a place to discuss some general themes such as financing your journey, fertility treatment 35+ etc.
IGeorgaI

Planning a baby, but worried about inherited deseases

Post by IGeorgaI » Tue May 19, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi there! I have not a nice genetic background and I worry it can be related to me as well. All women in my family have fertility problems. My mother, as well as my granny, faced infertility issues rather early. I realize it’s so great that despite such an issue we have each other. And I have a sister. She can’t conceive naturally and she has been trying to conceive for about two years. My sis and her husband know that surrogacy can solve their problem.
But for my great disappointment, they can’t afford such a procedure due to its high price. She is depressed and they don’t know what to do.
As for me, I am not thinking about a baby now. I’m not ready yet to have children. Anyway, I realize that taking into account female nature I’ll not have such opportunity all the time. I mean with age this possibility melt. I even don’t know what to do in this situation. To say the truth, of course, I don’t want to stay childless and infertile for life.

AyEnDee

Re: Planning a baby, but worried about inherited deseases

Post by AyEnDee » Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi! As of your sister, I think that she mustn't despair and give up! It will not help anyway. If they know for sure that only surrogacy is the option for them so they can look for the program with the appropriate price. There are so many centers for surrogacy all over the world. Maybe they will be able to save some money and find a good clinic where the price will be affordable for them. And in addition, maybe she must be tested and examined more detailed. I mean maybe she can conceive naturally but after some treatment.

I’m sure the main thing in this situation is to address good OB and pass all the needed tests. And think positive! Being in a good mood you will always see more variants.
Don’t worry, honey! How old are you? If you are under 30 there will be everything ok. Just visit your doctor in time and control your health. Anyway, girls, there are so many ART programs that can help in any diagnose to have children. Hey, you can also decide on adoption! Why not. It’s all in your hands!

And what is with your genetics? Why all women in your family have such problems with fertility health?

IGeorgaI

Post by IGeorgaI » Tue May 19, 2020 2:42 pm

AyEnDee wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm
Hi! As of your sister, I think that she mustn't despair and give up! It will not help anyway. If they know for sure that only surrogacy is the option for them so they can look for the program with the appropriate price. There are so many centers for surrogacy all over the world. Maybe they will be able to save some money and find a good clinic where the price will be affordable for them. And in addition, maybe she must be tested and examined more detailed. I mean maybe she can conceive naturally but after some treatment.

I’m sure the main thing in this situation is to address good OB and pass all the needed tests. And think positive! Being in a good mood you will always see more variants.
Don’t worry, honey! How old are you? If you are under 30 there will be everything ok. Just visit your doctor in time and control your health. Anyway, girls, there are so many ART programs that can help in any diagnose to have children. Hey, you can also decide on adoption! Why not. It’s all in your hands!

And what is with your genetics? Why all women in your family have such problems with fertility health?
I don’t know for sure whether I can conceive or not. I don’t want to have children just now, thus I don’t try it.
But looking at my relatives (women) I feel a kind of fear. My mother was faced with infertility when she was only 26 y.o.!
Just imagine! And now I’m also 26 and hope so much that I will not face the same problems!

My sister will go to one clinic in order to have a consultation. I hope she will get to know more about her infertility problems. It’s extremely interesting for me why she can’t successfully conceive. As my sis is healthy and young woman. She has no bad habits and go in for sports. I guess she is an example of great lifestyle. And it was a great surprise for me when she said that she can’t conceive and seems something wrong.
Thank you all for your advice and thoughts as it’s very important to me. And as you understand I can’t consult with my closest relatives as they have the same question!

ramtam

Post by ramtam » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Hello, dear. I think that you should better go to a gynecologist now. If it won't be helpful, try the oocyte cryopreservation. It means that you will be able to have children in the future.
Now I'm 40 and I really regret that I haven't done the same when it was possible for me. And how old are you?
Good luck! But, for you to know, if you want to save some money, you should go to Eastern Europe for it. The price there is 2 times lower.

RitaClie

Post by RitaClie » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

It's really true because 3 years ago my family came to know that Ukraine had a very affordable price ratio and even they have experienced IVF there. So, I advised your sister to go through more research about Ukraine.

GaryNormadavis

Post by GaryNormadavis » Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Together with my husband, we have been trying to conceive naturally for more than a year! We wanted to get pregnant very much. I know it and the doctor also said that if during one year pregnancy doesn’t happen thus it can be some problems and it’s needed to address a doctor. After a year of tries, various treatments, examinations we have made a surrogacy program. We had all medical examinations in the UK, but the surrogacy program we conducted abroad.
We have found a rather good surrogacy center and received a successful program with good service.