How Does Age Effect Male Fertility?

Jennifer D

How Does Age Effect Male Fertility?

Post by Jennifer D » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:00 pm

On average, people today are choosing to get married and have kids much later in life than they used to. Whether age-related or not. Some 15% of couples experience infertility. About half of those are related to sperm fitness.Starting around age 40, a man’s sperm quality will begin to decrease due to a variety of natural and lifestyle factors. Thereby decreasing his chances of conceiving. Additionally, older men have an increased risk for gene mutations in their sperm. Which are associated with conditions such as down syndrome, autism, and bipolar disorder. This increased risk is small, but men may still find peace of mind in freezing their younger sperm for later use.

sofia

Re: How Does Age Effect Male Fertility?

Post by sofia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Hey there. I'm Sofia. I hope you are fine. This is very valuable information. Keep posting. I hope people will increase their knowledge from here. Take care. Stay blessed. Be in good health.

Maya

Post by Maya » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Who, very good post.I have heard before that low sperm count is as a result of age factor.Bur I don't know that gene mutation occur in old age also.Thanks for increasing my knowledge.It is really very helpful.Take care.

Maurine Lawrence

Post by Maurine Lawrence » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello dear. I wish you are in good health. I think mobility and infertility is affected by age. The human body becomes weaker with age naturally. It is essential that we keep a healthy diet to avoid all kinds of diseases. Getting married early and having children early is a good choice. However, one must never rush marriage. You should wait for your life partner and soulmate.

Brittany K.

Post by Brittany K. » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Hello dear.How are you?I hope you are fine.You increased my knowledge.Now I learn that gene mutation also occurs in old age.Thanks for sharing this information with us.God bless you.All the best.

Tina

Post by Tina » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 am

A combination of female age and male age can further increase the risk of birth defects. Take for example the risk of Down syndrome. In women, the risk of having a child with Down syndrome increases with age. In a study of just over 3,000 children, researchers found that when a woman was age 35 or older, a man’s age mattered more.
This was especially true if the woman was age 40 or older. In this group, 50 percent of the children with Down syndrome received that genetic defect on their paternal side.

jessicapearson

Post by jessicapearson » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello there. How are you doing? I hope you are having a great day. Thank you for sharing this. May God bless you, always. Take good care of yourself. Have a goodnight. Goodbye.

Elsa

Post by Elsa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 am

Maurine Lawrence wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 pm
Hello dear. I wish you are in good health. I think mobility and infertility is affected by age. The human body becomes weaker with age naturally. It is essential that we keep a healthy diet to avoid all kinds of diseases. Getting married early and having children early is a good choice. However, one must never rush marriage. You should wait for your life partner and soulmate.
Awww you are right.Lovely post.I agree with you.Age is a factor too.So getting married early and having children early is a good choice.keep sharing.Can't wait for your next post.Lovely day. Take great care of your health.

Anna Pompeo

Post by Anna Pompeo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Hey! How are you? I hope that you are doing good. Yes, it does affect. A man's age matters. As men get older, the chances of conceiving and having a healthy child decline. Male fertility starts to decline after 40 when sperm quality decreases. This means it takes longer for their partners to conceive and when they do, there's an increased risk of miscarriage. Best wishes to you. Take care.

bella_desuza

Post by bella_desuza » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Hey Dear, Hope you are fine and good in health.A man’s age mattered more especially when the woman was age 40 or older. In this group, 50 percent of the children with Down syndrome received that genetic defect on their paternal side.