How is the donor selected?

sviti

How is the donor selected?

Post by sviti » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 am

Hello, we have friends, a married couple who are currently thinking about using donor sperm. The doctor told them that this is the only way out of the situation. But they are so upset that at first refused. And now they regret that they have gone so quickly and did not ask the doctor about how to choose a donor. They are interested in this question: how to choose a donor that will be similar to this man? After all, the donor's photos are never shown. If you have this information, please tell me.

lana

Re: How is the donor selected?

Post by lana » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am

Hello, yes, you are completely right, the clinic does not show pictures of donors. But when choosing a donor, you are asked about the desired characteristics of the donor. You will be asked what color eye you need. Also you will inquire about the color of hair. And also you are asked about the type of appearance, for example you will need a Slovenian appearance or Asian. Of course you will have to say what height and weight will suit you. A very important item is the blood group and Rh factor. But the doctor sees both you and the donor, so the doctor will try to pick up for you the most similar donor.
In some clinics they are also interested in the necessary features of the face: forehead, lips, nose. But this is not asked in all clinics. Each clinic has its own donor base, somewhere this base is smaller, and somewhere this base is larger. And sometimes it happens that the donor does not match the color of the eyes and hair, but on the whole he is very similar to the preset type, and then the doctor chooses this donor. But I want to wish your friends success and self-confidence. Let them forget about their fears. They need to go to the doctor and talk to him again. Let him tell them everything and they can give him the exact answer.

Willma

Post by Willma » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Selecting a donor sperm can be complicated like selecting donor eggs. These procedures tend to be familiar. However you cannot see the donor. Most of the people ho donate sperms want it to be a private case. However you can be helped to have the characteristics tat you want. In this way you are told of the donors characteristics. Then it ends there. Most people are also not interested in knowing the donor. How you want to know the donor comes as a surprise to me. However these rules change. Different hospitals have different rules concerning these. There might be limitations to what you know about the donor. Maybe they are afraid of anything that might happen in future. They don't want to be liable in such scenarios. There is a law that will protect the donors identity. Unless someone you know decides to donate you their sperms. I hope you all the best. Let the procedure be successful. Try as much a possible to focus on the outcome of the results. Not who the donor might be.

Girl

Post by Girl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:21 pm

There are many ways to refine your search, and our detailed donor match tool is a good place to begin. The tool gives you details about a donor’s age, racial and ethnic origin, health, education, career, and many other background details. The tool also helps you select for specific physical and genetic traits that will be passed on to your child. For example, you can choose a sperm donor with similar skin tone or ethnicity as you, or select by height, hair color, eye color, or many other features.
It’s natural and understandable that you might choose a donor that resembles you or your partner. However, it’s important to remember that even if you pick a donor that looks similar to you, it’s impossible to know for certain what the child will look like once they are fully grown. A good way to think about it is to consider the characteristics you’d like your child to have. These include physical as well as psychological traits. Things like their personality, sensitivity, sense of humor, talents, intelligence, and other intangibles.

Fizahs

Post by Fizahs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi. How are you? I believe you are right. I do not actually understand this thread. Um I do not mean not at all. I want to know more about this. What I can say is be strong and positive cause I do not know much about it.

lulia

Post by lulia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey sviti. How are you darling? I hope you are doing good. What about your family? You are right. The doctor doesn't show the picture but they ask about the desired characteristics of the donor. I hope the doctors fulfil their desire.

Ms Trina Segovia

Post by Ms Trina Segovia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm

A donor sperm can be complicated like selecting donor eggs. These procedures tend to be familiar. However you cannot see the donor. Most of the people ho donate sperms want it to be a private case. However you can be helped to have the characteristics tat you want. In this way you are told of the donors characteristics. Then it ends there. Most people are also not interested in knowing the donor. How you want to know the donor comes as a surprise to me.

Ms Solita Sierra

Post by Ms Solita Sierra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi. How are you? I believe you are right. I do not actually understand this thread. Um I do not mean not at all. I want to know more about this. What I can say is be strong and positive cause I do not know much about it.

pollutionisbad

Post by pollutionisbad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm

sviti wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 am
Hello, we have friends, a married couple who are currently thinking about using donor sperm. The doctor told them that this is the only way out of the situation. But they are so upset that at first refused. And now they regret that they have gone so quickly and did not ask the doctor about how to choose a donor. They are interested in this question: how to choose a donor that will be similar to this man? After all, the donor's photos are never shown. If you have this information, please tell me.
Hello there dear friend. How are you doing? I hope that things are fine for you. I also wish that that you had a great day today. This is a very good question dear friend I have wondered a lot about this. At my beginning of the journey I questioned the same thing. I did a lot of research on my own back then. The answer that I found pleased me a lot

There are criteria to applying for sperm donation. Starting from your health condition. You Need to be healthy and have no genetic disease. Then it continues to looks... Usually the more handsome folks are chosen for this job. Then you can choose yourself on how you'll kid will look. Hope you found this helpful. God bless you dear.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi there! It is always good to find a donor in your larger circle. By this I mean someone you have at least met or seen. There is this couple I know who chose a sperm donor. This man was the husband's colleague. The couple already liked the guy so they met, discussed the whole scenario and he agreed. Hope this helped. All the best. :)