fingers crossed

Rika Doulas

fingers crossed

Post by Rika Doulas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Hey, guys, I'm a newbie to the boards.
My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years. He had a transplant that made him sterile so we had to find other means of having children. We tried once last year doing an at-home insemination using a sperm bank, but it was unsuccessful That can get extremely costly, so luckily a friend's husband offered his sperm to us! I used OPK's and got a positive on Thursday nite. We inseminated 24 hours later and again at the 35-hour mark. I haven't really had any symptoms- some bloating the first couple of days and today I've got more bloating, been very tired (took a nap- I NEVER nap) and I've had pains on my right ovary/an achy feeling in that area all day.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this is our month! Anybody else using donor sperm for at-home inseminations?

spyder02

Re: fingers crossed

Post by spyder02 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello to you dear. I am glad that you decided to share your story with us. THese are hard things to deal with. Do not worry to much however. As these things happen all the time. People deal with trouble left and right. This is not the end of the world and the brighter tomorrow will come no matter what. AS per your symptoms, wait a little longer! Sometimes it take more time than some others... Also not everybody manifests the symptoms the same way. Movies have given us a clear idea on how the symptoms should be... To a point thei are right but not completely. Doctors know well that different people have different sympotoms. So just give it more time and hope for the bes.t Once you will do the actual testing you'll know for sure! God bless you hun!

Willma

Post by Willma » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 pm

I have ever done an insemination but it was my husbands sperms. He is suffering from low sperm count. It was unfortunate that it did not work out. Well I can say in his case it was to be difficult for me. As the percentage of conceiving in that way was minimal. But in your case I think it can work out. It is so good of your friends husband. Not all try to help others during such a period. If he is fertile enough I am affirmative that the results might be positive. Just be optimistic. Wirth all the sign you have mentioned. There might be some capability that you are pregnant. But let me not be that much of a naïve person. You can confirm your worries. Rather than keeping your fingers crossed. You can use a pregnancy kit. Or you can also go to the hospital. That way it will give you the right answer. I wish you all the best as you look forward to the response,. Even if it doesn't work, keep on trying. If it has worked, then congratulations early in advance.

Girl

Post by Girl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:03 pm

I have never used donor sperms for home insemination but it seems to me that it is good news. I am so glad for you. According to the symptoms it seems that you are already pregnant. But let us not count our chicks before they hatch. Let us wait and see finally what the results are for. But am beginning to be optimistic. So it seems to me it is a good idea. But aren't you guys afraid that the friend might later claim the bay. This is the reason why I always prefer anonymous sperm donors. You will only be told of the characteristics. So you chose that but you do not know the owner of the sperms. The owner will also not know of the child. IO do hope that this does not happen. Because I have severally seen such cases. Men coming back to claim their children. Anyway I hope it works for you. Let me also keep my fingers crossed on your behalf. It ahs been long looking for a child and you surely need some good news.

kelly

Post by kelly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:13 am

Hey buddy. What's up? I know you must be very nervous. In fact, you should be. Please be positive. I think that positivity will remove some stress. Taking stress isn't good. Especially for a body like you.

Fizahs

Post by Fizahs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey. How are you? Thanks for sharing this story with us. Be positive and do not give up. Think good and everything will be good. Have a good day! Take care.

lulia

Post by lulia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm

I really hope that you get success this time. Don't worry honey. You need to be calm. Be patient darling. No need to be so confused. Have hope in yourself. I wish that your family soon gets completed. Take care!

Ms Trina Segovia

Post by Ms Trina Segovia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Hey buddy. What's up? I know you must be very nervous. In fact, you should be. Please be positive. I think that positivity will remove some stress. Taking stress isn't good. Especially for a body like you.

Ms Solita Sierra

Post by Ms Solita Sierra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Ms Callisto Wetmore

Post by Ms Callisto Wetmore » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Hey buddy. What's up? I know you must be very nervous. In fact, you should be. Please be positive. I think that positivity will remove some stress. Taking stress isn't good. Especially for a body like you.Take care.