what now?

Carla Notes

what now?

Post by Carla Notes » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Hello all.My name is Carla and I want to share my story with you cause I really need to read your thoughts and story.My husband and I are married for three years since we were both 29 years old with no further result.We decided it was time to get tested for any problem...So, I am having an appointment in order to have an IUI scheduled on next Friday.We decided to go through this way in order to finally make it.I just took my husband’s final results and the news is not so good.Jeremy, my husband has low sperm count and low motility.So, I am just wondering.. Will the IUI even work? Should we postpone our current trial?I don’t want to start on trying something that I know that it’s not going to work from the very first beginning...I also have to deal with my husband’s disappointment and frustration and I don’t want him to face all these difficulties because of the sperm count problem.I am really confused.I was searching for stories like ours on the Internet and I do not think we have a high chance of finally making it.Has anyone of you ever faced this situation?Has anyone of you having IUI with this situation on the table and finally made it? I want to read as many stories as possible in order to know that it can also happen in this way too.I also need to talk to my doctor in order to listen to his medical advice.Yet, I am feeling so stressed and confused.Any help would be appreciated.Take care of yourself.

spyder02

Re: what now?

Post by spyder02 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi there my precious friend. How are you doing today? I hope that everything is fine at your end... I also wish you had a fun weekend. First thing you should always do when you are uncertain, when it comes to medical condition, is listen to your doctors. If you are following their instruction correctly half of the job is done. After that the rest will be easy. Your problem is a very bgi one. I know that for most man it is hard to deal with such issues. This will reflect on you too. It will be hard for you too to deal with this. You two must find the power to overcome this as a couple. There is no other way that you can do it... Just make sure that your DH is aware that you love him. That is all he needs now. To be sure that he hasn't lost his value in you eyes. God bless you both dear. I will pray that you get over this asap!

Willma

Post by Willma » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Facing your husband fertility problem can be discouraging. But note that your husbands needs you now more than ever. Show him your care and support. With the problem he is facing, there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. You can try IUI as you have been told. I don't have any people in mind that have gone through the same. But I am sure IUI always has a high success rate. It just depend with where you have carried out the procedure. Be optimistic and go for the procedure. Meanwhile your husband can be getting some medications. I have friends who have been going through the same problem. Actually it is hard for a man to come out. They tend to feel infertility is only concerned with women. Well, this is a biased mentality. They should accept the results and move on. Infertility is a health problem like any other. No one plans to be facing it. We just find ourselves in that situation. I hope he will come to terms with the results. In the time being be optimistic and go for the procedure.

Katie1777

Post by Katie1777 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 am

Hello, Carla. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for sharing this story with us. You also take care of yourself. So sorry to hear that your DH has sperm problems. Actually, low sperm count is usually commonplace among men these days. So, take it easy. You guys can also try ICSI also. Learn more about it, and you will see how effective it is. IUI is less effective than IVF. THat is common knowledge. I can assure that you won’t be wrong to go with IVF. IVF is usually more expensive compared to IUI. However, I can say with no doubt that it is worth it. Since you DH has low sperm count and low mobility, you guys can complement IVF with ICSI. That way, you can rest assured of your success rates. I also suggest you think about all of this in detail. For me, I am either going with IVF or surrogacy. SO, I hope you find what I had to say useful. Let me know if you need more info. I wish you the best of luck.

pollutionisbad

Post by pollutionisbad » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 pm

I hope that your husband isn't taking this hard this whole thing can be hard for him. I hope you are aware of this. Please try to show some love to him during this time. It is important that he feels appreciated. I would love fi you were to do just that. Did you and your husband try a diet. Like maybe he could had increased the sperm number... I aint a doctor or anything but just saying. I have heard that a proper diet and some pills can help with that. Like they can help with sperm mobility too. I hope you tried everything. Going for IUI will be hard for you both. Maybe there is another way out... God bless you love. Wish things get well soon.

Girl

Post by Girl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Welcome to the group dear. I have had a friend who had to deal with the husband sperms problem. So this is not the first time I am hearing about this. What you need to know is things do work. That you have decided to opt for IUI. I believe it will be successful. As far as you have chosen a good clinic. I always tell people that the clinic you choose has a lot to the success of the procedure. Others have been through losses because they chose clinics without high success rate. But in your case I hope this does nit happen. If you feel it will not work out you can try ICSA. My friend went for ICSA and the first trial was a success. As we are speaking write now she is a happy mother. Si you really need not sweat it that much. She is not only person that I have heard with a similar case. Such stories are a lot. So just know you are not alone. Many people have been before you battling the same issue.

kelly

Post by kelly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 am

Hello Carla. Hope you had a good day. How's your DH? You are supposed to avoid stress. Taking stress is not good for you. I think this will make you think negative. When someone is negative, he makes the situation more complicated. You will definitely succeed if you follow the instructions completely.

Fizahs

Post by Fizahs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi honey. How are you? I believe stress is not good for you. You should stay away from it. You need to be strong! Try doing what your heart tells you. Take care.

lulia

Post by lulia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello darling. Calm down honey. Please be patient honey. Don't take too much stress. Taking so much stress is not good for you. You should be positive. Don't be so confused. Take care!

Shane P.

Post by Shane P. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:40 am

Hi Carla .this is not a good news. But you should be there for your husband. You should show him your extra love and support. That when he look back he know that you are with him. This is the most important thing . Husband wife each other 's support counts most and gives you strength in moving on with situation like this. Do show his results to some other doctor and I gave heard that to improve spermicide count , there are many medicines now. So they might help . Best of luck to you both.