pcos

Susan Tailor

pcos

Post by Susan Tailor » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am

Hi everyone, wanted to share a little about my story and see if anyone else has had a similar experience... Looking for a little help and guidance.I am married to a wonderful husband for two years and we are trying to conceive for a year. I have been diagnosed with PCOS after having several 40-60day cycles. I had two cycles of Clomid and I ovulated on 50 but not on 100 percent. I felt like my situation was not being handled appropriately by my personal doctor so I made an appointment with an infertility expert. My new doctor made me feel a sense of hope that I hadn't felt in several months.
I came back a week later for these tests and was told that I have a septate uterus. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this?The treatment is to have a resection to remove the extra muscle and tissue. I still have a couple weeks until I meet with my doctor for more info, but I'm curious about the procedure and recovery time and when we can start the trial again.This is a big deal for me in order to deal with the PCOS and septate uterus.At this point, I can't let myself hope for pregnancy... I can only focus on correcting the issues as we find out about them, so I hope to have the procedure for the septate uterus as soon as possible.

Suzzana

Re: pcos

Post by Suzzana » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi susan, its good that you are opening up. Some other people may be going through the same but decide not to speak out. As they say, a problem shared is half solved. I am sorry for what you are going through. It is unfortunate that no one wished to be facing such. I can say your husband is loving. If he understands your situation and still sticks with you. I know of broken marriages the reason being fertility problems. I can tell you to look in the positive side of life. Your husband being there for you means a great deal. Others face this situations alone. As you go to have the procedure I hope things will work out for you. Believe in yourself and that things will go right. For the endometriosis, I hope the treatment will work out too. The clomid tends to have a high success rate. Just do what the doctor advises and I believE one day you will have a child.

Katie1777

Post by Katie1777 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello there! Welcome to our community! I am so happy to hear about your supportive husband. I guess their help and contribution is usually overlooked. However, it is good to have them around. Anyways, I know of PCOS. As I pointed out earlier, PCOS is very commonplace. SO, you have taken CLomid. Wasn’t that helpful for your condition? However, I have never head of a septate uterus. I have been active on so many forums on pregnancy. However, I have never head of septate uterus. So, your doctor has suggested you try resection. IF he has recommended it, then go with it. I am sure resection can work for you. I am going to do a bit of research for you here. I will be updating you with more info as soon as possible. In the meantime, just follow your doctor’s instructions. I am sure your doctor would not recumbent something that is not viable for yo

Ms Trina Segovia

Post by Ms Trina Segovia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:30 pm

I came back a week later for these tests and was told that I have a septate uterus. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this?The treatment is to have a resection to remove the extra muscle and tissue. I still have a couple weeks until I meet with my doctor for more info, but I'm curious about the procedure and recovery time and when we can start the trial again.This is a big deal for me in order to deal with the PCOS and septate uterus.At this point, I can't let myself hope for pregnancy... I can only focus on correcting the issues as we find out about them, so I hope to have the procedure for the septate uterus as soon as possible.

pollutionisbad

Post by pollutionisbad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Susan Tailor wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am
Hi everyone, wanted to share a little about my story and see if anyone else has had a similar experience... Looking for a little help and guidance.I am married to a wonderful husband for two years and we are trying to conceive for a year. I have been diagnosed with PCOS after having several 40-60day cycles. I had two cycles of Clomid and I ovulated on 50 but not on 100 percent. I felt like my situation was not being handled appropriately by my personal doctor so I made an appointment with an infertility expert. My new doctor made me feel a sense of hope that I hadn't felt in several months.
HI yourself my friend. How are you feeling. Is everything okay for you? I hope that you had a fantastic day. I also wish that what's left of the day is gonna be better for you. I am really sorry to hear that you are under such pressure. I can only imagine how you feel right now. Misfortune after misfortune. Dealing with PCOS isn't an easy task... On top of that soemthing else came up. I hope that you will make it out of this intact. Try keeping your spirit up high and moving forward. It won't be easy at all though... You have to be prepared for hell on earth.

I am sorry that I cannot help any further. This is the first time that I heat your disease. It is really important that you gather information about it. Check things like WebMD and such... I wish you luck. God bless you!

amygreen

Post by amygreen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello Susan. How are you? Hope you are doing well. I hope your life is filled with happiness. May it become a source of joy for you and your family. You seem like an amazing person. I pray for all the goodness to be bestowed upon you. Good luck for the future. Take care.

Alicia Haydon

Post by Alicia Haydon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

Hello, Susan. Hope life is treating you well! Im so glad you shared this with us. So brave of you. I pray things turn out to be beautiful for you. Just try to stay positive. Dont lose hope. Look on the brighter side of life. Things that you are grateful for. It will help you out in so many ways. Hope the treatment goes well. Look after yourself. take care.

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 am

Hi, Susan. I hope you are doing well. There some other people may be going through the same but decided not to speak out. As they say that when you share a problem it is half solved. It is unfortunate that no one wished to be facing such a problem. I can say that your husband is so much loving.I know of broken marriages and their only reason is fertility problems. I advise you to look on the positive side of life. Your husband being there for you means a great deal. While other face this situation alone. As you go to have the procedure I hope things will work out for you. Believe in yourself and that things will go right. Just do what the doctor advises. May God bless you soon.Stay blessed.

britney

Post by britney » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

Dear continue your treatment. Sometimes you are in a situation that doctors cannot treat you well because may be unaware of the actual issue . So the treatment goes in several directions. In your case as you now know what is the actual problem, hopefully you can be treated well. You have a loving husband you is with you, that is another plus point. So Dont lose hope. Things will turn out well.

Moonson

Post by Moonson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

I do not know anyone suffering from septum uterus. But since I really wanted to help you. I thought of finding more information maybe it can help. The septate uterus contains a ridge of tissue that protrudes into the uterine cavity. In a septate uterus the inside is the shape of a heart rather than the normal triangle. The outside of the uterus appears normal. This occurs in approximately 1 in 400 women and is a common cause of miscarriage. The treatment of a septate uterus is usually outpatient hysteroscopic surgery where the septum is cut with a scissor through a hysteroscopy. A small scope passed through the vagina into the uterus. The use of ultrasound at the time of surgery may help lead to a more complete surgery and is particularly useful in complicated cases. I hope this information will be of help to you. All the best as you go and see the doctor.