PCOS

Daisy_john

PCOS

Post by Daisy_john » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:41 am

I have had problems with my cycle for years. It started in college. I'd skip 2 months, have a normal cycle one month, bleed heavily for weeks at a time. When I saw doctors, they all told me the same thing. Take birth control pills to regulate the cycle. I'd take the pills for a while, but was hesitant to stay on them for periods longer than 6 months at a time.

After going off the pill, I'd have normal cycles for about 4 months before things went wacky again. Over the years I'd gain and lose weight, then gain it back again. I changed doctors a few times, but they all had the same agenda. BC. I resisted the idea.

I was sick of doctors casually handing me pills to stop my symptomatic bleeding instead of trying to find out exactly what the problem was. At one point I stopped taking the pills and ended up bleeding for over 3 months straight. Heavily. I ended up in the hospital with 1/4th the amount of blood that I should've had. I had to get a blood transfusion. 2 Units.!

Finally I was told I had PCOS, and that I'd have to be on birth control for the rest of my child bearing years to keep my cycle regulated.

Once I was married, being on birth control became an unacceptable method because we wanted children. My husband and I were blessed with the conception of two children. However, both pregnancies miscarried. Then, I was diagnosed with a incompetent cervix.

I sought out an herbalist/nutritionist. He put me on a restricted diet, and gave me a vitamin and herbal detox regimen.

For 2 months I ate no meat, no bread, no pasta of any kind, no sweets, no processed foods, no rice. I ate lots of vegetables, drank daily protein drinks. Took loads of vitamin and mineral supplements daily. For 28 days, I drank 18 ounces of herbal infusion twice daily.

When my regimen was done I had lost 30 pounds. My cycle has behaved as it should. I am so thankful. I know I need to stay focused and maintain a healthy life style. I intend to do so. Later this year we hope to conceive again, and this time carry the child full term.
D

Alex

Re: PCOS

Post by Alex » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Daisy. Good luck to you. Great that you lost so much weight. It must have been hard to go through a miscarriage twice. Hopefully it will work this time. Try to be positive. You are already doing so much effort. It would not go in vain.

clairie

Post by clairie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 am

Hi Daisy. Good luck to you. Great that you lost so much weight. It must have been hard to go through a miscarriage twice. Hopefully . Take care and God bless You.

Shizzy

Post by Shizzy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Thank God you fought pcos. Still you had to go through a lot. I guess you should share your story on social media too. Many people are suffering from pcos nowadays. Even my sister in law has this problem. She couldn't conceive because of this. She is taking pills and doing a lot of exercise and walk. I will also suggest her to go to some herbalist. Take care. You are very kind.

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Hey there sweetie.Hope you are having a good day. Many people are suffering from pcos nowadays. Even my sister in law has this problem. She couldn't conceive because of this. She is taking pills and doing a lot of exercise and walk. I will also suggest her to go to some herbalist. Hope you get better.

Willma

Post by Willma » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:02 am

Living with PCOS can sometimes be a daunting task. Many of the side effects caused by the disease such as adult acne, infertility, weight gain, and excessive facial or body hair can be difficult to control. Additionally, the emotions associated with presenting ones self to the public when facing such challenge. And an overall lack of self-esteem can, at times, seem impossible to overcome. But there is hope! Research has shown that women living with PCOS who adopt positive lifestyles can overcome the symptoms caused by this disease. All women with PCOS can benefit from adopting healthy eating habits. By eating a diet low in carbohydrates and refined sugars you can help reverse the imbalances of glucose and insulin in your body that cause PCOS symptoms to flair up. Although everyone should find time to exercise. It is especially important for women with PCOS to fit some form of exercise into their daily routine. As PCOS gets more attention from physicians, the media and others, there are more and more treatment options being offered.

Ana

Post by Ana » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm

hey girl i hope you doing well. You know these days PCOS is really common in younger girls. Well this doesn’t belong to any specific age group but mostly young girls are suffering. As i know my sister in law was having issues with PCOS. Some doctors told her the results will be temporarily. It really get through her nerves that why it’ll take so long. So she changed the doctor and start taking medicines. After 2 months her PCOS was gone. Luckily she concived also. Again as i was saying not only she changed the doctor but also follow a proper iron and nutritional diet. I hope your’s will be gone soon

britney

Post by britney » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 am

Thanks daisy. You are gem of a person. It's so nice to share your struggles and your hard work with people around you. This really helps so many people who lose hopes very easily. Coming back in shape is first step. Hopefully you will get on second step soon to conceive a baby. Best wishes for you.

Emila

Post by Emila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 am

I hope you re doing well.Thanks for sharing your story.PCOS is very common nowadays.Mostly girls are suffering.Many of the side effects like infertile ratio is increasing, Also weight gaining.Hope things will be good in future.Stay happy.Take care.

Madeline

Post by Madeline » Thu May 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello to you dear. Hope you are doing well . Many people are suffering from pcos nowadays. I am also suffering from PCOS. I hope who ever is having this problem may recover soon. I can imagine how bad it is .We all should be strong and have hope. Hope you get better.God bless you girl.