Its Rachel

Rachel Green

Its Rachel

Post by Rachel Green » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:29 pm

I might be jumping the gun here, but today I went to the dr. & she thinks I might have PCOS. I have facial hair, I'm 22 years old and my periods are ALL over the place. Actually, they've always been like that, but I was just put on birth control when I was younger to regulate.
This past cycle was 52 days & this month has been sticking around for a miraculous 16 days! So, they took blood and scheduled me to come back Thursday for a repeat. She's very thorough and kind of thought out loud "start you on metformin once we see" Well, I've seen a TON more on any site about Clomid rather than metformin..& again waiting until Thursday for results, but what are your opinions? I guess it's just me not knowing quite the full purpose of each drug either, but can you help me out? Should I bring up Clomid if I end up getting diagnosed? What are the pros and cons of each? Any kind of stories you want to share going through the same thing? Or are you in the same boat?
And I'm sorry I'm sure there are plenty of threads out there, but some are so very long & some hard to follow after so many posts!

Stephanie Johns

Re: Its Rachel

Post by Stephanie Johns » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 am

Hope you are doing great. PCOs has become very common and it is curable. I would suggest that you first take the treatment for PCOs and then rush for a pregnancy. And these birth control pills are not safe. They cause these problems in women. It is always better to ask your partner use a condom. A condom protects you from vaginal infections as well as pregnancy. But in your case what is done is done. You just don't worry about the facial hair. Sort the PCOs first and then go for a laser therapy for the facial hair. You are very young to go through all this and I am sorry you had to. It is better in the long run for you to take treatment for PCOs first. I'm saying that again and again because that is important that you get it sorted first.

Katie1777

Post by Katie1777 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello, Rachel. How are you doing? I know how freaked out you must have been when you heard about PCOS. As mentioned by other members, PCOS is very commonplace among women. Truthfully, if I had a dime for every women I heard of having PCOS, I would be able to pay for my IVF, and also buy myself a house. So, here is the fact for you. Don’t freak out! Just try to stay cool, calm, and collected. That way you can ensure you stay on the right track. As for PCOS treatments, they abound. I am going to go ahead and suggest you try to identify what is causing your PCOS. In so many cases, that is because of a woman being overweight. If that is the issue with you, you might want to drop some pounds. So, consider everything, and make an informed decision about all of this. I wish you good luck with everything. Don’t forget to keep us posted! We are always here for you~!

kmora

Post by kmora » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Hello dear, how are you? Well I think that your doctor may be right about the diagnosis because those are really symptoms of PCOS, but it's best for everyone to wait for the blood test and the ultrasound, that way you will be a hundred percent sure that is PCOS and start the right treatment for you. And talking about treatment, I really recommend you to follow your doctor's indications, because the treatment your doctor is going to send you is hormonal treatment (if the PCOS can be treated with hormonal treatment because if it's worse than they think maybe they will need to remove one or both ovaries, I hope that's really not your case because is more complicated and the consequences are worse), the hormonal treatment the doctor will send you it will be according to your necessities, and all of us have different necessities, that's why I think you should just do what your doctors tells you and follow the indications, because the treatment also will have to pass an adaptive time, if you don't feel good with the treatment they need to change it several times till it make the expect result and you feel good. Hope this post helps you dear.

silvia

Post by silvia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello Rachel. I am silvia. It's good seeing you here dear. How are you? I think you should be calm dear. Don't think that this is impossible. You can get a child after all. Good luck!

Ms Trina Segovia

Post by Ms Trina Segovia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I would be able to pay for my IVF, and also buy myself a house. So, here is the fact for you. Don’t freak out! Just try to stay cool, calm, and collected. That way you can ensure you stay on the right track. As for PCOS treatments, they abound. I am going to go ahead and suggest you try to identify what is causing your PCOS. In so many cases, that is because of a woman being overweight. If that is the issue with you, you might want to drop some pounds. So, consider everything, and make an informed decision about all of this. I wish you good luck with everything.

Shane P.

Post by Shane P. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:15 pm

I have some how understood your situation. One of my friend was facing same. She also had a long cycle almost 40+day's. She was suffering from lot of anxiety .when she wanted to conceive she tried hard but no good luck. At last her doctor suggested clomid. In her first attempt after taking clomid she was pregnant. So dear do not disheartened .Ups and downs are part of life. Try staying healthy and do not let stress take over you. Stay positive . Share the good news soon.
Last edited by Shane P. on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ms Solita Sierra

Post by Ms Solita Sierra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello Rachel. It's good seeing you here dear. How are you? I think you should be calm dear. Don't think that this is impossible. You can get a child after all. Good luck!

Ms Callisto Wetmore

Post by Ms Callisto Wetmore » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello Rachel. I am silvia. It's good seeing you here dear. How are you? I think you should be calm dear. Don't think that this is impossible. You can get a child after all. Good luck!

lulia

Post by lulia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey honey. How are you? Hope fine. Well, it's good seeing you here. Don't loose hope. PCOs is curable. It's nowadays common. I hope you are going to take special care of yourself. Lots of love!