fat or silly?

Iria Stinson

fat or silly?

Post by Iria Stinson » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello everybody. I'm worrying myself silly here I'm not in fantastic shape although I'm not too bad. My consultant, every time I go in, always goes on and on about how I'm overweight and should lose a few stone for a pregnancy to occur.

I am 11th 10lb, and I'm 5ft 5' BMI is 27.5 I think??? I think my ideal weight is around 10st. I'm just about to start my 3rd IVF next week and feel guilty I'm not losing the weight easily at all
BUT, I was thinking that, yes, I do need to lose weight; but, loads of overweight people get pregnant and have healthy babies all the time so why not me
Anyone whos overweight (doesn't matter how much or little) have an IVF success story for me? I know its personal and I apologize in advance but how much did you weigh and how many eggs/ embryos did you get/ transfer?
Thank you for reading xx

Stephanie Johns

Re: fat or silly?

Post by Stephanie Johns » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 am

You are not being silly at all. EVery one has feelings and you are just expressing yours. This is ok and should be catered to. I think that if your doctor is suggesting a weight loss, there must be need. I agree with you that many overweight women get pregnant too, but everyone's body is different. Your doctor might know that this is good for your body.
If you are unable to lose weight, visit a nutritionist or try one of these few things Im mentionaing for yourself.
Start exercising at least one hour a day
    • Start a balanced diet
        Take a detox drink when you are trying to lose weight
        I would suggest that if you are looking for quick results, start with all these steps simultaneously and your weight will definitely drop.

Julias

Post by Julias » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:20 pm

I really like the post. Thanks for the tips.

Willma

Post by Willma » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't think if you are silly. Although I do know that overweight can cause fertility problems. I am speaking this out of experience. I have a friend who was overweight. Her doctor kept on telling her to shade some weight. She really struggles to shed 30 lbs. Imagine after that she stayed for just a month and became pregnant. So I do believe that weight can affect fertility. If your doctor tells you to shed weight, please do so. She knows more about fertility than you do. You can try exercising. You can also carry out hobbies that you are sure will help you. Stop drinking if you do drink. Start eating a healthy diet. It may sound impossible but it can work. At first you may feel it is so difficult. But if you really need a child you just have to do it. Try to tell yourself that you are doing it for the baby. You can avoid driving all the time and start walking short distances. Then after sometimes I am sure you will get used. This will not only help you lose weight. It will also keep you healthy. All the bets.

Bundle

Post by Bundle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

The post is incredible!

jane

Post by jane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

We should be fit. Not too slim and not too fat.

Lousys

Post by Lousys » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 pm

This post is interesting. We should be smart.

Slimey

Post by Slimey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Interesting post!

Finzey

Post by Finzey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi. How are you? Being smart is the thing. Not fat or slim dear! We should have a good body. Healthy body is important. All the best!

Lucy123

Post by Lucy123 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm

Interesting post, You should describe yourself more so that we can get through it.