Adopted son

This is a place where you can have discussions about adoption processes, the complications of such etc.
Sylvie

Re: Adopted son

Post by Sylvie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:12 am

Hi! How are you? I hope that you are doing great. Congratulations to you! Forget about peoples' useless comments. They can't help it. Live for yourself and your baby. I wish you both luck. Take care!

Queenter

Post by Queenter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 am

Make absolutely sure that somebody is there to visit/greet you when you bring your child home. If you adopt internationally, make sure people are waiting to welcome you at that airport. If you are coming home from the hospital or a foster home, make sure there are people who will come by and (appropriately) ooh and aah with you over your newest family member, whether the child is a few days old or 13. You need this. Trust me. We arrived from Haiti to an empty airport. The fact that we had just become parents did not feel special to us at all. Most people, when they inquire about your children, really do have good intentions. Some are just curious. Some are considering adoption. Some have already adopted. Some are grandparents awaiting a grandchild through adoption (we meet a lot of these). Some are from your child’s country of origin. Many are innocently curious children. Be kind. Give them the benefit of the doubt when they are asking questions—until they have proven that their intentions are not good. As the secrecy surrounding adoption diminishes, emotional territory that was once taboo is less so. As more and more of us tell the truth about our feelings, and those feelings resonate with others, they gain a legitimacy that can be comforting.

sila

Post by sila » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm

I really love your post. Glad to know you are happy. So happy for you. Enjoy with your child. Take care. Have a great weekend. God Bless you.

aini

Post by aini » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Oh, that so nice. Means you are sharing your love with that kid. Well, this is the humanity. Dear, don't forget to tell him that was adopted ones. And I just love his name. This is so cute name. May God give you reward of this. Good night.

Gennie

Post by Gennie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Good for you. The less you listen the better. I hope the baby is healthy. Take good care of him. He is your son. No matter what someone else says, he will always be with you. For him you are his world. Don't ever break his heart.

Ruby

Post by Ruby » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Hey, Hope you are doing well. This is great. Congratulation to you dear. May your family gets more happiness. My good wishes are with her. And this can be motivation for someone for sure. Have a nice day.

Maye Saan

Post by Maye Saan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello?? I am good and what about you. I am so happy to know that you are happy with your adopted child. I think you should tell him about reality when he is able to understand. Thanks. Good luck.

Soniaa

Post by Soniaa » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey! Such a lovely post. Glad to know that you are happy. How is your son now? Ya you should ignore such type of people. Stay happy. Stay blessed. Take care.

Clara Drew

Post by Clara Drew » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 am

Hey, congrats to you honey. You are a very lucky guy. I'm so happy for you buddy. Well, how are you doing lady? How's your son now? You did a great job by adopting him. Best wishes for your future. Take care of yourself!

alistina

Post by alistina » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:40 am

Hey Buddy. How are you? I hope you are doing well.i just read your post.Its quiet informative.thanks for helping people.you're such an inspiration for other who hesitate to adopt Thank you so much for sharing such inspiration with others. You are very right. Adoption is quite effective and helpful for both the mother and the child. Tell her to talk with her partner as well. Take care a lot.