teething

This is a place to discuss some general themes such as financing your journey, fertility treatment 35+ etc.
Delilah

Re: teething

Post by Delilah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:12 am

Hi Britney.Hope you are doing great.I know this teething process can trouble the baby a lot.They often get cranky. you may apply some kind of pain relief gel.I advise you to use frozen apples .They may prove helpful.Take care.

Nancy Fernandes

Post by Nancy Fernandes » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Teething is a difficult time for babies. Their stomach gets upset too. I hope he feels better soon. It is really painful. Lots of love to him. Try giving warm soothers. Love and prayers.

ClaireWesely

Post by ClaireWesely » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:21 am

Hello there.I see the stress in you as a mom.Its very natural.Give the baby some pain medication.Baby might be experiencing discomfort.And unable to express.

alistina

Post by alistina » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 am

Hello, How are you? I hope your baby is doing much better now. Yes, I understand. Teething is terrible. Young ones get very annoyed in this process. Consult a doctor maybe he will suggest you something better. Take care. Goodnight!

Blemishs

Post by Blemishs » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Hey, how are you? A baby doctor can give better advices. You must go to him/her. This is a very irritating time the baby goes through. Yes this makes them cranky. I wish him comfort. Take care.

suki

Post by suki » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey! How are you? How is your baby now? Teething is very terrible sometimes. I think you should consult his doctor. He will provide some gel to you. Take care. Stay blessed.

Damaris

Post by Damaris » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:34 pm

When the baby cries or is irritable, the mother can hold the baby and comfort him/her. Baby may be distracted by patting, talking or rocking gently. Baby can be allowed to suck a pacifier. Nursing the baby more often provides relief from teething pain. Babies may be seen put the fingers in the mouth and rubbing the gums during teething. This is similar to massaging. If it is done by another person it will be more soothing to the baby. The mother can rub the gums of the baby gently to comfort him/her. But proper precaution like washing her hands well should be taken. A clean finger should be used to gently rub the gums around the erupting tooth. Though initially it may be a little uncomfortable, it becomes more soothing for the baby as massaging is continued. Allowing the babies with teething pain to chew is another good option. Most doctors suggest mothers of allowing the babies to chew wet washcloths or terrycloth toys taken fresh from the refrigerator. Alternatively food can be given for chewing if the baby is more than 6 months. Sugar free biscuit, unsweetened rusk, bread slices may be given. These should be given under supervision as these carry the risk of choking if the baby bites off larger pieces. Cold food can numb the gums and can be given to relieve teeth pain. Chilled yoghurt or unsweetened apple puree can be given. A dose of acetaminophen can be given to reduce pain. Ibuprofen is another option. These medications are analgesic medications which provide adequate relief from teething pain and discomfort. These medications not only provide relief from teething pain but also bring down the temperature if the baby is having fever. But if the temperature is very high, then the baby should be taken to the doctor to find the cause of fever as high fever is not caused by teething.

StephB

Post by StephB » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 am

Hi dear, hope you are doing good. This is the normal thing within babies. Teething is terrible at times. This happens because when the baby grows up the teeth starts itching, hence they start biting. Please do not get irritated. Your child may have sore or tender gums when teeth begin to erupt. Gently rubbing their gums with a clean finger, a small cool spoon, or a moist gauze pad can be soothing. A clean teether for your child to chew on may also help.

jeenia saha

Post by jeenia saha » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:31 am

Getting teeth is the procedure by which a newborn child's first teeth frequently called "infant's teeth" or "milk teeth" which show up by rising through the gums, regularly touching base in sets. The mandibular central incisors are the principal essential teeth to eject, more often than not somewhere in the range of 6 and 10 months of age.

jeenia saha

Post by jeenia saha » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 am

Elli Tiner wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 am
Hey Britney. How is your baby now? If he is still uncomfortable then you should ask a doctor for some medicine to heal the pain. You can also use a moistened gauze pad to rub your baby's gums. Keep it cool. A cold washcloth, spoon or chilled teething ring can be soothing on a baby's gums. May he feel better after this.
Hi dear, Your baby may have sore or delicate gums when teeth start to emit. Rubbing their gums with a perfect finger, a little cool spoon, or a damp bandage cushion can be mitigating. A clean teether for your baby to bite on may likewise help. Search for teethers made of strong elastic, and keep away from fluid-filled therapeutic rings or plastic items that could break.