Carrier

This is a place to discuss some general themes such as financing your journey, fertility treatment 35+ etc.
Goodluck

Carrier

Post by Goodluck » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:10 pm

I want to go for my dream job but my family says no. They want me to pay attention to my home life. They say that dream jobs should be left dreams only. How do I convince them? Its only a one more year and then I will become a lawyer! I am so excited but no one is ready to listen. Do you guys understand me?

Catherine

Re: Carrier

Post by Catherine » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello dear, how are you? Well, I feel very sorry for you. They should not stop you from doing a job. Don't let yourself down. This world need lawyers like you. Only you have the right over your life. Keep on convincing your parents. I hope they will understand.

Sheezan

Post by Sheezan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:49 am

I feel very bad. They should not put barriers to your dreams! You have a right to live happily. Why dont you talk to them? Probably they will understand. I am happy you wish to study and get your dreams come true. Be happy and all the best!

Blakes

Post by Blakes » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:34 am

Why are they stopping you? You should live your life to the fullest. Please dont let them destroy your dreams! Try talking to them. I wish they understand. Please dont loose hope. All the best!

Magdalena

Post by Magdalena » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:43 am

Hello! How are you? I hope that you are doing good. You must fight for it. If not then you will end up with the regret. You surely don't want them. Try to make your dreams come true. Do not give up. You have to be strong here. Even if it means going solo. My best wishes.

Kimberly Josh

Post by Kimberly Josh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Hey there Goodluck. You must talk to your family. Tell them about your passion. Tell them about the hard work you have put in your studies. If they were opposed to the idea, why did they let you study? Please have faith. Give your family some time to think. Hopefully, things will work in your favor. Best of luck.

beki

Post by beki » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Hello there. I hope you are doing well. I feel very bad. This is very sad. I hope that I could help you. You should fight for your dreams. We have very right to live happily. Take care. Stay Blessed. Be in good health. Be happy and all the best.

Sarah Lawrence

Post by Sarah Lawrence » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Hey Goodluck. How are you? Well, you have little time of your studies left. You should complete your studies. Take a stand. Once your family would know you are not backing down, they will give in. Goodluck with your studies. Keep your focus. Keep sharing your inspiring account.

meghanjones

Post by meghanjones » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello.Hope youre well.This this is very sad.I wish they supported you.I understand how you must feel.You should talk about your feelin gs to them.Try to make them understand.

Jamilah Wigfall

Post by Jamilah Wigfall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi sweetheart. I think you are right. You should go for your dream job. Try explaining it to your family members. But make sure you also fulfill your duties side by side. Tell them that jobs are important for women as well. Good luck.