over 40 issues

This is a place to discuss some general themes such as financing your journey, fertility treatment 35+ etc.
Meredith Marks

over 40 issues

Post by Meredith Marks » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi all.My name is Meredith and this is the first time I am joining a forum cause I really need to read your option or your personal experiences. Let me first tell you mine.I have been married to a wonderful man three years ago and we are now in the part of considering IVF as a solution to have a baby.I really need you to be honest with me and tell me if it is worthing to try doing it. I am 44 years old and my wonderful husband is at the same age as me.We don’t care about the cost because we are both very successful in our jobs, with a huge career and there was no minute since we started discussing that with our doctor, to think of the money as a problem.What is money after all in front of our biggest dream?It’s just the ticket for it and we are willing to pay as much as needed.
The thing I need you to tell me is very specific: How many people do you know over 40 who have tried having a baby via IVF and it worked from the very first time? I don’t care about the money as I said but I do care about the emotional rollercoaster a possible miscarriage will make me live through. I really love my husband and I want to live with him for the rest of my life.I love him with a baby or without.And I just want to share our love with a tiny man..Sometimes I think I am chasing fairies, but will do it if it is worth it. Thank you in advance.Take care of yourself.

Clarks

Re: over 40 issues

Post by Clarks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:45 pm

I would like to share the experience of my sister. She conceived after 40 through a successful IVF. So I would wish you luck and ask you to keep your hopes high.

Julias

Post by Julias » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 am

Honey I myself conceived a year back. Which means I was 42. It went well. I believe its about a person's strength. Well you should not be hopeless. I wish you luck! Take care.

martina

Post by martina » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 am

Greetings) The older a woman, the less her chances of becoming pregnant. After 40 years in a whole year, a woman can have only a few ovulations, because the vital supply of eggs and the production of estrogen in the body are reduced. By the age of 40-44, 90% of women's ovaries contain abnormal chromosomes.

Also, in many women after 40 years, the endometrium thinens, which lining the walls of the uterus, which complicates the processes of implantation of the oocyte. Therefore, the probability of getting pregnant after 40 in the traditional way is relatively small.

But the concept of "relatively small" does not mean that conception after 40 years is impossible. Even if you are 40 or more years old you can safely become pregnant, endure and give birth to a healthy child. The main thing - with the mind and competently approach the issue of pregnancy planning.

But do not forget that conception after 40 years is associated with problems not only in the reproductive health of women and the quality of its eggs, but also in the genetic material of the male partner.

The age of a man for conception is no less important. In mature men, quantitative sperm counts and sperm motility are lower, while the amount of sperm with genetic abnormalities is higher than in young men. Accordingly, with age, the risk of genetic abnormalities in a child is increased due to a violation of the morphological structure of the sperm.

And oxidative stress is to blame for this. As a result of the destructive activity of free radicals, sperm membranes are damaged, their mobility and fertility are reduced.

In addition, free radicals damage the DNA of chromosomes. It is with oxidative stress that about half of infertility cases in men are associated. Before this form of infertility, even the newest reproductive technologies are often powerless.

After all, if the DNA structure is damaged in sperm, even if the egg is successfully fertilized (due to the ICSI protocol), the development of the embryo is broken and the child either dies at the early stages of intrauterine development or is born with serious genetic defects.

In general, it is considered that the optimal age of a man for conception is up to 25-40 years. But this does not mean that it is contraindicated for men over 40 to have children. He needs to pay more attention to their health and try to protect their reproductive cells from oxidative stress.

But despite the fact that you and your husband are already 44 years old, you can try to get pregnant. But you need to go through a full survey. You need to calculate all possible risks. After all, you want to give birth to a healthy child, so you can go to a geneticist for a consultation. After all, as I understand, if you can quickly get pregnant, the birth of a child will happen when you are already 45 years old. And there are already a few other indicators of a successful outcome. Therefore, you will need to consult several doctors, so that you can get the exact answer. After all, at your age, the main thing is that you can bear the child and that the child is born healthy. In any case, you can use the service of surrogate motherhood, if you have no problems with finances. In general, I hope that you will be all right. After all, children are born of great love, and you are in love with your husband, so you will be all right.

froggy

Post by froggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:57 am

I know that being over 40 creates a lot of problems. It's difficult to conceive. I am glad to see that you still have the courage to tell your story to us. I hope you get a child soon. Keep on struggling for success. Never step back. Don't step back. You can and you will do it.

Bundle

Post by Bundle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

I really appreciate your courage.

Clara

Post by Clara » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 am

Hi, It is difficult but not impossible. The woman's endometrial lining starts getting thin so it tends to get complicated for it to borne a fetus. I guess you should go for surrogacy it will be more better for you. Since you are financially stable you can easily bear its costs. It is just a friendly suggestion. As under surrogacy you will not bearing child on your own instead a younger and more healthy woman will do that. This will further prevent any risks .

jane

Post by jane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello my friend. How are you? Bore being alone? I can understand your feelings dear. Please have hope. Many women at age 50+ also get a baby. You can also. Just be patient dear.

Krista

Post by Krista » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi, i hope you are doing good. I am glad you bring forward the issue honesty. I would recommend you to go for IVF. It is very successful. A lot women over 40 were able to become mother because of surrogacy. It is totally worth it. I am sure your results will be positive. Good luck. Do share your experience.

spyder02

Post by spyder02 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello there deary. I am glad that you decided to share this with us. Its amazing that you can open up about your issues. This is one heck of a way to solve the issue. I am also happy to hear that you and your husband are doing fine financially. That is very important thing in the modern world. I think you have worked hard to make it here today. Thats amazing. I know a lot of people who are over 40 and had children. I aldo know people that are young and fail ivf. Ivf is just like that there is no guarantee. However i think you will succeed. I have a good feeling about this whole thing. Keep fighting and trying dear. Things will br fine hopefully. God bless you love.