Donor Conception IVF on... wish me luck!

Gia9

Donor Conception IVF on... wish me luck!

Post by Gia9 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello all,

It's been a long way with you all, thanks for being a hell of a support through my fertility struggle. It's not yet over though... I think I could see a silver lining with donor conception. So here's the update after a long 6 months but long enough break from fertility treatment and a mini vacation to Hawai.

1. We finally sorted with our dilemmas and dread to accept that DE+IVF is worth the try.
2. While resting we found the donor and finalised our round with the clinic for the 2nd round.
3. So now after this IVF I got 9 eggs PGS cleared and all set for transfer.

We decided to do the transfer after the Christmas and new year season. As we just got here on Monday and don't want to rush things really. Meanwhile, feel free to advise anything that might give me the upperhand in making this a successful one.

TIA

Gia9

Re: Donor Conception IVF on... wish me luck!

Post by Gia9 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Bump

KattyH

Re: Donor Conception IVF on... wish me luck!

Post by KattyH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 pm

You're welcome... we're all either on the same boat or have been through the struggles of fertility road to be able to understand, empathise or help each other. And that's what exactly all the women in here incl. me, is looking forward to do. It's great that you've finally made up you mind DE+IVF and on with it. I understand the uncertainties and dread about the donor conception but then what has to be done has to be done. And in the long run I'm sure you'll realise the dread and the dilemmas that were actually bogged you down for so long is only irrelevant. Wish you all the luck in the world to make it this time!
About advice... I don't have many but would definitely ask you not to ponder on previous failed attempts or overstress about the odds that may chance this time. If there's a better chance of making the embryo stick it's by being as relaxed as you can and channel your happiness to power hope and positivity throughout the 2ww. Also, you can consider twin transfer, it definitely has a higher chance of success compared to a single one. Lastly, if you can, abstain from going on a POAS spree while waiting after the transfer. It'll only upset you and might jeopardize your chance of successful pregnancy you see. You'll get to know about it on the OTD anyway and it's best to hear a successful BFP even if you hear it late. So go on with full optimism and may God grant you your wish of being a mother!