TTC not happening for 16 months moving onto IVF

stephybuch

TTC not happening for 16 months moving onto IVF

Post by stephybuch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum so bear with me if I am on a self-pity ranting. I have been TTC for 16 months now and for not even a single time I happen to have conceived. I have heard people face problems in getting pregnant and I guess I'm one of them but the fact that I never happen to conceive makes me more worried that something must be terribly wrong. So far the diagnostics don't have any concrete answer except my low AMH that could indicate that both the quality and quantity is probably not good enough. My Husband's SA came all good and there's no inconsistency or even a doubt about male fertility. This was a couple of months back... precisely 4 months and we've tried medicated TTC too but it simply didn't work. Now that we don't have a clue we're ready to try out assisted fertility and I'm not up for IUI because it seems from the forum and other resources that it's best suited for male fertility problems.

Does any of you have had TTC for so long without even a faint BFP?
Should I reconsider IUI even if the male fertility issues are not relevant in our case?

jeenia saha

Re: TTC not happening for 16 months moving onto IVF

Post by jeenia saha » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi dear. Sorry to hear your unsuccessful story about TTC. Infertility is not by choice. You have to be strong and move ahead, Yes there are so any options open for the infertile parents. IVF is of course a very good choice,but a detailed research work is needed. Get a good clinic and a good advisory. One needs to be strong enough to go through IVF. I wish IVF works on your case so that you don't have to go to IUI. Yes IUI basically increases the number of sperm that reaches the fallopian tubes and subsequently increases the chances of fertilization

StephB

Post by StephB » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I hope you are doing good. Good to hear you haven takes the step of IVF. I would suggest you get a good advice from your consulting doctor. A proper research on the clinic is required. Choose your clinic wisely. Nowadays many clinics have fake promises just for the sake of money. Without hesitation go on for IVF.

Gia9

Post by Gia9 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:30 pm

stephybuch wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm
Hello All,
I'm new to this forum so bear with me if I am on a self-pity ranting. I have been TTC for 16 months now and for not even a single time I happen to have conceived. I have heard people face problems in getting pregnant and I guess I'm one of them but the fact that I never happen to conceive makes me more worried that something must be terribly wrong. So far the diagnostics don't have any concrete answer except my low AMH that could indicate that both the quality and quantity is probably not good enough. My Husband's SA came all good and there's no inconsistency or even a doubt about male fertility. This was a couple of months back... precisely 4 months and we've tried medicated TTC too but it simply didn't work. Now that we don't have a clue we're ready to try out assisted fertility and I'm not up for IUI because it seems from the forum and other resources that it's best suited for male fertility problems.

Does any of you have had TTC for so long without even a faint BFP?
Should I reconsider IUI even if the male fertility issues are not relevant in our case?
Welcome to the forum! It's okay, you can speak out in here... all of us have been through this situation at some point. We'll be able to relate, understand and empathise with you. Well, wish you find the success soon as well. Though it's comparatively lesser people with some infertility issue may not conceive over the whole tenure of TTC or just medicated TTC. There's nothing to be worried or panic, but then it's a sign that instead of trying your luck you need to actually move onto the next level. IUI as far as I know and figured it a great way of circumventing male fertility related issues. It doesn't not help where there's no sperm prod. at all though or defective sperms but mostly rule out the physical barrier or low counts. I'm not sure as per your health policy and the doc if it's possible to skip to IVF directly as there's no sperm-related issue been identified... but moving onto IVF will definitely be like 2 steps ahead and better than bestowing on IUI. It might take more than the first attempt though. So, don't get discouraged with failure... I hope it doesn't come to that though.

Gia9

Post by Gia9 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm

jeenia saha wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:06 pm
Hi dear. Sorry to hear your unsuccessful story about TTC. Infertility is not by choice. You have to be strong and move ahead, Yes there are so any options open for the infertile parents. IVF is of course a very good choice,but a detailed research work is needed. Get a good clinic and a good advisory. One needs to be strong enough to go through IVF. I wish IVF works on your case so that you don't have to go to IUI. Yes IUI basically increases the number of sperm that reaches the fallopian tubes and subsequently increases the chances of fertilization
You've explained IUI explicitly... you owe a thanks for it. :) I bet you're right getting into the reason is most needed at this situation. Which assisted fertility will have the greatest chance of success can only be determined after a thorough diagnosis of both the expectant parent. Good clinic is a must. No matter what your problem is or which process you had to go through a good clinic absolutely aids to a better chance of success.