Does paternal age impact the rate for birth defects?

Josephine

Re: Does paternal age impact the rate for birth defects?

Post by Josephine » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 pm

Hello to you sweetie. How have you been doing? I hope everything is going good. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Now i know that can be such a huge factor. I hope more awareness should raised on this topic. Clinics must provide proper guidance to parents .I really appreciate your efforts girl. Have a lovely day.

Magdalena

Post by Magdalena » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:36 am

Hi! How are you? I hope that you are doing well. I don't think age has to do anything with it. It doesn't matter. If the parents have any genetic issue, only that can be transferred to the child. Otherwise, it is nothing. Take care.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 am

Hi. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for sharing such a good piece of knowledge. I think sperm quality always matter. In many cases, women are blamed for infertility. I think man also consider. Sometimes it is by men side. So we remove this misconception from our society. Keep sharing more knowledge. I wish you a healthy life. Take care!

Belina Canaday

Post by Belina Canaday » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 am

Hey dear. how are you? thanks for asking such an impactful question. Well, here is my answer. It's quite better to have children at your young age as compared to the over 25 age. But in many cases, you need to know your life partner quite well. And it takes time. But don't worry it doesn't effect on your child. I hope you'll find my answer according to your need. Cheers.

hillarypeterson

Post by hillarypeterson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:21 am

I hope people read this post properly. Thanks for sharing it with us. There are innumerable reasons of birth defects.Age might be the biggest one. Man should avoid these things in order to expand their families. Have a great day. Take care.

Lily mery

Post by Lily mery » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am

Hey honey. Thanks for creating awareness amongst the coming generation. It will be of real help. There are both kinds of youth nowadays. I have seen so many who prefer having kids at the early age. They want to enjoy babies and later when they are in mid-thirties kids are now teenagers. Whereas many think to make career first. Which is fine if they do not waste a lot of time.
Enjoy your day. Take care. Keep smiling! Best of luck. Stay blessed. Have a good day.

Ruth

Post by Ruth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:44 pm

A man's sperms are very important. Only one right sperm can do wonders. However his age does not affect the child. Quality of sperms decrease with increasing age. Older men will find t more difficult to get their wives pregnant. Still birth defects are not related to them. Men have no role in this.

Damaris

Post by Damaris » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 am

Among the studies reviewed are ones that find: Advanced age of a father is correlated with elevated rates of schizophrenia, autism, and birth defects in his children; A limited diet during a father's pre-adolescence has been linked to reduced risk of cardiovascular death in his children and grandchildren; Paternal obesity is linked to enlarged fat cells, changes in metabolic regulation, diabetes, obesity and development of brain cancer; Psychosocial stress on the father is linked to defective behavioral traits in his offspring; and Paternal alcohol use leads to decreased newborn birth weight, marked reduction in overall brain size and impaired cognitive function. However, the advanced maternal age effect on birth defects was almost not affected by adjustment for potential confounders including paternal age. In contrast, the younger paternal age effect on all types of defects combined was small and minimally adjusted by maternal confounding. Whereas the younger maternal age effect was also small and attenuated by adjustment for potential confounders

honey bella

Post by honey bella » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:08 am

Hi dear. Hope you all are fine. I read some research on this. Studies suggest that a father's age at the time of conception (paternal age) might pose health risks for a baby. However, this field of research is still relatively small and results have been mixed. More research is needed. Studies have shown that when paternal age is over 40, there might be a small increase in the risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes or risks to children's health, including pregnancy loss, rare birth defects, autism, childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and schizophrenia. You also share a good post with us. Keep it up. Take care.

tara

Post by tara » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:48 am

Thanks for this awareness post. It will really help all those who are ignorant in some ways. It is considered that women have more fertility issues when it comes to age. After a certain age male are affected as well. So must get a a permanent test before trying for a baby.