What to tell a friend in such a stituation

Sady

What to tell a friend in such a stituation

Post by Sady » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 am

My friend tried to conceive for the past two years. She visited so many hospitals without success. She later visited a fertility clinic where they found she had an imbalanced estrogen levels. The doctor just advised to take fertility medicine to improve her ovulation. Luckily after 5 months on medication she became pregnant. I remember that day when she shared her good news. I almost cried out of joy. But that didn’t go well on her third trimester. She couldn’t feel her baby’s movements. I accompanied her to see the doctor. She was referred to visit a radiologist. After an ultrasound the result showed that her baby is no more. The news tore her into pieces and there was no way you could control her cry. I was heartbroken knowing how hard it was for her to fall pregnant. Sometimes we are caught in fix not knowing how to tell her. My question is how do you comfort a mother who just lost her baby? Which word are you not supposed to use? Waiting for your feedback. Thanks.

selena

Re: What to tell a friend in such a stituation

Post by selena » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:35 am

I am so sorry for your friend. This is indeed traumatic. I have no words to sympathy with you. It's not easy to lose a child specially very hard in moms. You must take your friend for vacations. As staying at her home will constantly remind her of her baby. If possible find a counsellor. He can give best counselling therapy which your friend needs now.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:06 pm

How are you?Im sorry about your friend.She must be devastated.I hope she is recovering.You should be with her.Hold her hand through this.May God be with her.

Anna Pompeo

Post by Anna Pompeo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:03 am

Hi! How are you? I hope that you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's struggle. This is really sad. You are such a kind soul to think of her. Tell her that it is not an end. She can try again or even try other options such as if surrogacy etc. It will help her for sure. There is still hope. Therefore, got to stay positive and hope for the best. Take care!

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am

Your post made me sad.I am really very upset to read.It's very hard to console her.Just give her a time to get out of this dilemma.Time will heal his wounds.Don't leave her alone.Take extra care of her.

Martha

Post by Martha » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Hey please stay by her side. You are a true friend of her. She need you the most right now. Tell her that it was God's will. And everybody has to surrender against his will. If she'll be patient and would stay strong she'll be rewarded. Ask her to keep a gap of at least six months and give her body to get back to normal and then try to conceive again. Hope she gets out of this trauma soon. Best wishes.

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 am

HI. I hope you are fine. First of all, I show my condolence on the baby loss. As it is not easy to survive after fall. I know how much pain it is. I suggest her that don't worry and be hopeful. It happens to many people but they don't disappoint. Just calm and relax. Now look forward and don't regret past. I just say that she has a lot of life and only hope is the key for her. Keep posting here and keep sharing stories. This is a very cooperative forum for everyone. Thanks and best of luck for the future.

Brittany K.

Post by Brittany K. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello dear, How are you?How is your friend now?Is she ok?please stay with her.She needs your time.My suggestion is to take some rest.And after that try again.All will be fine.God bless you.

Kelly Thompson

Post by Kelly Thompson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:35 am

Hello dear.im so sorry to hear this.She must be devastated.She needs time to grieve.Be there for her.Hold her hand.Offer her a shoulder to cry on.Bless her soul.

sofia

Post by sofia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Hey there. I'm SOfia. I hope your friend is hanging in there. It's not easy. It's so hard for her. Take her to any vacations. take care. I wish her a peace of mind.