What to tell a friend in such a stituation

Dona

Re: What to tell a friend in such a stituation

Post by Dona » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi. How is your friend now? I understand her situation. I feel sorry for your friend. Its very painful for a mother to lose their child. May God ease her pain. Take care of her. Stay blessed. Regards.

Amelia Parker

Post by Amelia Parker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello there sweetie. Hope you are doing great. A very good day to you. This is very saddening. .I know this is a big loss for her.She is in trouble.But time will heal.Be there with her.Ask her to keep trying.God has better plans for us.Just have hope.Stay strong.Be positive.Things will be good soon.

Lola

Post by Lola » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi Sady, hope you are doing well. This is really painful. This post has given tears in my eye.There are no words for a mother who have just lost her baby. Only she knows the impact of pain. You can just tell her. That there is better plan of God.

Lorraine

Post by Lorraine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Hello there Sady. You should just be there for your friend. There is not anything you can say. Nothing would reduce her pain. Just stay close to her. Try to make her stay busy. So she does not overthink. Healing will take time.

Emma81

Post by Emma81 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 am

It's not easy . Believe me. It will take a while for her to become normal. She may also need help if some doctors to guide her. You must be with her. Support her at all times. Hoping her family is also there for her at all times. This phase will pass . Hoping she get pregnant soon.

aini

Post by aini » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 am

Hey lovely. I hope that you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's struggle.you should help her. Nothing can reduce her pain. But you should Support her at all times. God bless your friend. Goof luck to her.

alistina

Post by alistina » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello dear, How are you? I'm so sorry to hear this. She must be devastated. She needs time to grieve please stay with her.She needs your time. My suggestion is to take some rest. And after that try again. All will be fine.God bless you.Take great care of yourself. Regards.

Gia9

Post by Gia9 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

Sady wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 am
My friend tried to conceive for the past two years. She visited so many hospitals without success. She later visited a fertility clinic where they found she had an imbalanced estrogen levels. The doctor just advised to take fertility medicine to improve her ovulation. Luckily after 5 months on medication she became pregnant. I remember that day when she shared her good news. I almost cried out of joy. But that didn’t go well on her third trimester. She couldn’t feel her baby’s movements. I accompanied her to see the doctor. She was referred to visit a radiologist. After an ultrasound the result showed that her baby is no more. The news tore her into pieces and there was no way you could control her cry. I was heartbroken knowing how hard it was for her to fall pregnant. Sometimes we are caught in fix not knowing how to tell her. My question is how do you comfort a mother who just lost her baby? Which word are you not supposed to use? Waiting for your feedback. Thanks.
I landed upon your post months later... so I'm pretty sure it's no longer relevant to your friend. I hope it isn't, and that she has finally been able to conceive and have a baby already. But often people screen through forums trying to relate and not posting their issues right away... so for info sake, I'll go on and write my mind. TBH the loss is often a huge blow for words to be of any comfort really and consing doesn't help much. You see there's hardly anything that you can say will make the situation any better. Likewise, the grief, pain, and sense of loss can only be lessened with time. In these situations, every individual tends to react in their distinct way and you cannot generalise which way they would. It's best to stay watchful and pick signs. Some prefer not to mention and left at their own devices while they cope with the loss. Other's might need to vent out all they are going through to attain a sense of relief. It's best to be there, be supportive, insist they have you if they need to pour their heart out and make them feel cared at these times.