A newcomer!

This is a place to discuss some general themes such as financing your journey, fertility treatment 35+ etc.
jabill

A newcomer!

Post by jabill » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am Janice from Madison. I am really excited. Soon going to be a mommy of two munchkins. Yes! we are expecting twins and both of us are really happy. I am nervous as well as it's my first time. Can you people please pitch in some awe-inspiring ideas for the nursery of twins. I want it to be the best one. Please attach pictures as well if you can how do your kids' rooms look like?
Thanks in advance.
Waiting for your replies ;) .

Beats95

Re: A newcomer!

Post by Beats95 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi! I do not have twins, but 2 boys, 2,5 and 4 years old. It is not the same but very similar I think. I walk together with a mom of twins(girls), 1 year and 2 months. We often share our approach, methods, peculiarities of raising them. She said that treats both like one. She does not find it difficult at all. If you want, I can invite her to this chat. She may easily share her experience.

Katie1777

Post by Katie1777 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:49 am

Welcome to the forum, Janice from Madison. We are also so pumped to see you here! I am so happy to hear that your are going to be a mom soon! I can imagine how happy you might be about all of this. I get why you are feeling so nervous about this. I have been TTC for 2 years. SO, I very much would like to get pregnant. Since I am not a mom, I can't proffer any advice on nursing. Sorry about that. However, congratulations on your twins!

FunBarb

Post by FunBarb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:14 am

Hi! Nice to hear you are so happy with the twins. I have my own girls, they are 7 now. If you like I can share some tips how to deal with them. I had no any woman in my family to share her experience, so I do know how important to hear some practical advice. It's my own experience, so you may take it or just skip over. First of all, be ready to harrowing pregnancy. There is a good chance you spend some time at a hospital after delivery. it's a good idea to buy two of everything. By only reason that at some point, if one twin has a toy, the other twin will also want that same toy, even if there are 99 better toys in the same vicinity. Keep in mind that one of the twins may appear more grabby and want both toys. Be ready and have at hand a candy or whatever else to compensate the loss. You may think that changing diapers for two babies requires the same amount of effort as changing the diaper of one baby, times two. This is inaccurate. More. By many reasons. You will see.

FunBarb

Post by FunBarb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:24 am

I continue. Despite the fact that your twins were born at the same time, and may even look similar, they will not necessarily develop at the same rate. Try to resist the comparison. Do not assume that the twin who has not yet learned how to say "ball" is the dumb one, or that the twin who falls down the least amount of times is the "sporty" one. Be ready, you will lack money. Ever again.
It's not a competition. Whether you're raising one or four, raising children is hard. Don't be one of those douchey twin parents who discounts the tireless efforts of other parents just because they're raising singletons. All good parents work hard to raise good children. But yes, twin parents, your job is much harder.
Invest in a wholesale club membership. Not only will you save money by buying in bulk, but wholesale clubs have grocery carts designed for two small children. Damn near a necessity if you need to buy groceries and the other parent is out of town or otherwise unavailable. It's either that or front-pack one child, stick the other in the grocery cart and walk around the grocery store. That will keep you calm.

FunBarb

Post by FunBarb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:41 am

In addition some more points. You will be so tired, you literally won't remember most of the first three to six months. If given the chance, we would have slept anywhere. The level of exhaustion is so intense it is like looking into the sun. If you have the money, hire someone to come to your house and when they get there, leave and go to sleep. If you don't have the money, try to take turns so that you can take breaks. Invest in a serious coffee maker. It is not a joke at all.
Feeding multiples is really difficult. Especially breastfeeding. You must have enough milk bottles. Your dishwasher will be running perpetually. If one of your twins gets sick, he infects the other one as soon as possible.The other baby is going to get sick, anyway. It is inevitable.
Twins are an experience unlike any other, and you are lucky to have the chance to try your hand at this insanely complicated parenting challenge. Be brave and self-confident. It is a price for a joy to see them someday.
If any question arises, you are welcome. I have told you just about a top of an iceberg.

Mrsboston

Post by Mrsboston » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Wow twins! Congratulations. May you have a normal delivery. You are going to have a rollercoaster ride now. :lol:

jabill

Post by jabill » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Beats95 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi! I do not have twins, but 2 boys, 2,5 and 4 years old. It is not the same but very similar I think. I walk together with a mom of twins(girls), 1 year and 2 months. We often share our approach, methods, peculiarities of raising them. She said that treats both like one. She does not find it difficult at all. If you want, I can invite her to this chat. She may easily share her experience.
Sure, why not? That will be a treat to me. I'll be able to get some tips from her. Please add her in here. Thanks.

Liza9

Post by Liza9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Jabill. Best wishes to you from my side. Twins will be hectic to cater. When is your delivery expected?

jabill

Post by jabill » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Hello everyone, Many thanks on giving such informative advices. It is due on end of Jan or start of Feb. I am very happy that I have joined this forum.